Sunday, July 3, 2011

Bringing it together

In today's tough economic times, it can be somewhat of a challenge to plan a workshop. What? Where? When? Who? How much? There is also the challenge of, how to make a workshop stand out from all of the others. When I think of a workshop I try to think about; Who would take this? What do they need to learn? What would interest them? Is it the location? The subject? The instructor? How much do I need to charge? How much is too much? How much is too little? What would someone be willing to pay for it? How long should be? Do we include critique time? How in depth should we go? What is the end goal in this workshop? These are pretty standard questions, but what I really look for is; How can I make this workshop different? To me that is the most critical. What will make this workshop stand out and how can I make it a fun experience, as well as, a learning experience? Sometimes you just need to listen - so what do you think would make a fun workshop? Where would you like to go? What do you want to learn? All you need to do is suggest.......

No comments:

Post a Comment