Sunday, January 16, 2011

First Attempt at a Contest

I decided to test the waters and see how much people were paying attention on the social media sites by having a contest. Apparently seven of them was paying attention.. Overall I didn't think that was too bad.

The contest was simple - tell us why you think you should learn Photoshop Elements.

The rules - even simpler - there was no rules.

Even the judging was simple. I sent it to 3 people and asked them to pick their favorite and the runner up. I tried getting people involved on Facebook by posting the submissions on there and asking people to choose one by pressing the like button, but that did not quite work the way I hoped it would. In fact it didn't work at all. Not one single 'like'.

So how did the test go? I would say it was like a 'dip-your-toe-in-the-water-and-check-the- temperature, type of test.' Hopefully the next one I can get them to wade in a little further, maybe put in all five toes:)

The winner? Here is a copy of what she submitted: I tried to learn this software in another life, but failed miserably. I did so well with your Lightroom class, that I know I will learn from this class. Winning this would allow me to make the drive to Anacortes for another great class. I would be happy to grovel, if it would help. Thanks for your consideration

Thanks to all who did participate. And thanks to our 3 judges.

No comments:

Post a Comment